Daily dark spot corrector targets visible skin discoloration for brighter, more even-looking skin
SKIN TYPES: Dry, Oily, Normal, Combination
SKIN CONDITION: Discoloration
Discoloration Defense is a layerable, daily-use dark spot corrector clinically proven to reduce the appearance of key types of skin discoloration in all skin tones, including hard-to-treat forms such as stubborn brown patches and post-acne marks. Formulated with 3% tranexamic acid, 1% kojic acid, 5% niacinamide, and 5% HEPES, this latest-generation formula improves the appearance of skin discoloration, brightens skin, and evens skin tone in as early as 2 weeks.
- Features a synergistic blend of anti-discoloration ingredients to reduce the appearance of skin discoloration, improve brightness, and minimize the reoccurrence of discoloration (with continued use)
- 60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches1
- 34% average reduction in post-blemish marks in deeper skin tones2
- Paraben-, fragrance-, silicone-, gluten-, and hydroquinone-free
- Ideal at-home complement to professional skin discoloration treatments, such as chemical peels or non-ablative laser; always consult with a physician for individual regimen recommendations
1Protocol: Average results shown. A 12-week, single-center, clinical study was conducted on 50 females, ages 25 to 60, Fitzpatrick I-IV, with mild to moderate facial skin discoloration, including stubborn dark spots, post-acne marks, and uneven skin tone. Discoloration Defense was applied to the face twice a day in conjunction with a sunscreen. Efficacy and tolerability evaluations were conducted at baseline and at weeks 2, 4, 8, and 12.
2Protocol: A 12-week, single-center, clinical study was conducted on 51 female subjects, Fitzpatrick V-VI, with visible signs of skin discoloration/hyperpigmentation, including post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and melasma. Discoloration Defense was applied to the face twice a day in conjunction with a sunscreen. Efficacy and tolerability evaluations were conducted at baseline and at weeks 2, 4, 8, and 12.
HOW TO USE
- Twice daily, apply 3-5 drops of this skin discoloration serum to the face.
- If using in the morning, apply after a SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum and follow with a SkinCeuticals broad spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen.
- Limit sun exposure while using this product.
- Do not use on irritated or broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
SCIENCE & PROOF
Everyday elements—including UV exposure, prescription drugs, and some professional treatments—can trigger production of melanin in the skin’s lowest epidermal layers. This excess melanin rises to the surface of the skin, causing visible skin discoloration. Discoloration can manifest in a range of ways, including post-acne marks and stubborn brown patches on the cheekbones, forehead, and upper lip.
Discoloration Defense is the latest-generation dark spot corrector, using a combination of potent and proven anti-discoloration ingredients—including new tranexamic acid—to address key types of skin discoloration.
3% Tranexamic Acid: This synthetically-derived ingredient minimizes the reoccurrence of skin discoloration and stubborn brown patches with continued use.
1% Kojic Acid: Naturally produced by certain fungi, kojic acid helps improve skin brightness.
5% Niacinamide: Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin is found naturally in yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. It has been shown to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
5% HEPES: This synthetically-derived acid activates natural enzymes in skin to help break the bonds that bind dead skin cells to the surface for even exfoliation.
Aqua / Water, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Glycerin, Tranexamic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Kojic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Allantoin, Chlorphenesin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta