Dealing with axillary hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating) is never easy to deal with. It can result in discomfort, embarrassment, and cause a serious hindrance to your everyday life. This condition is a problem for many people throughout the world, and the great news is that there are highly effective treatments out there that are safe, straightforward, affordable, and FDA-approved.
One of the most common and effective treatments for excessive underarm sweating is Botox. Botulinum toxin, widely known as Botox, is a neurotoxin protein that is injected into the armpits to block the nerves that cause overactive sweat glands. As a result, Botox prevents the sweat glands from over-producing excessive sweat, which is an ideal treatment for those who suffer from axillary hyperhidrosis.
The sweat glands located in the armpits only account for two percent of the entire body’s sweat glands, so patients who are concerned about treating these areas don’t need to worry, as sweat can be eliminated from other parts of the body as well.
If you suffer from excessive underarm sweating, then it may be a good idea for you to consult with our team at Skin Deep NYC. We specialize in Botox injections NYC and can provide you with a highly effective treatment that is safe, quick, affordable, and easy. If you are ready to improve your quality of life by eliminating excessive sweating, we are here to help! Feel free to get in touch with our team and learn more information about the best Botox NYC.
What Are the Benefits of Botox For Underarm Sweating?
Botox for underarm sweating poses great benefits for patients who suffer from axillary hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating). Here are some of the most common benefits that our patients report:
- Little to no sweating: Botox for underarm sweating allows you to go about your day normally, without having to worry about the discomfort or unsightly underarm stains on your clothing.
- Minimally invasive: Botox is a highly effective treatment that is minimally invasive, as it is an injection. The majority of patients report no unpleasant side effects from the treatment.
- Manages unpleasant odor: Due to the fact that less sweat will be produced from the treatment, patients also experience a significant decrease in odor from the armpit area.
- Not permanent: Another factor that patients like is that the results from the treatment are non-permanent. This is because the results generally last anywhere from four to six months, which will allow you to determine if you actually like the results. With that being said, you are free to discontinue treatment if you wish and your sweat glands can go back to their normal production.
Considering Botox for excessive underarm sweating? If so, our team will be able to further explain the process, what to expect, and whether you are an ideal candidate for the treatment. Feel free to contact our team at Skin Deep NYC to schedule a consultation.
Who is an Ideal Candidate?
The best way to determine if you are an ideal candidate for Botox for underarm sweating is by scheduling a consultation with a trusted and experienced team, such as our team at Skin Deep NYC. Our experienced Botox experts will be able to provide you with guidance and education surrounding the best treatment plan for you and the results you wish to achieve. Generally, an ideal candidate is one who is:
- In good health
- Has been diagnosed with axillary hyperhidrosis
- Willing to commit to a long-term treatment plan, as the treatment is not permanent
If you would like to determine whether you are an ideal candidate for Botox for underarm sweating, our team is here to help. Contact us to schedule a consultation for the best Botox NYC.
What to Expect During Treatment and After
Most patients report Botox in the armpits as a relatively painless treatment. Some patients report experiencing a slight bug-bite sensation during the actual injections. Although the treatment is relatively painless, some patients may opt for numbing ointment on the area to reduce any discomfort if they are more on the sensitive side.
Here are some important factors to know about Botox for underarm sweating:
- If you like the results of the treatment, expect to come in for retreatment every four to six months. Because Botox for underarm sweating is not a permanent solution, it is important to know that you will need to come in periodically for retreatment.
- Patients should expect to feel minimal discomfort, as Botox is administered via injection.
- In addition, most patients report little to no sweating after treatment and can enjoy their day-to-day activities without worrying about excessive sweating, underarm odor, and underarm sweat stains on clothing.
How to Prepare For Your Appointment
When it comes to getting Botox, there are not a lot of things you have to do to prepare for treatment. Here are some things that you can do to prepare for your appointment:
- Avoid taking blood thinners at least one week before your appointment, such as Aspirin, Vitamin E, and multivitamins to prevent bruising.
- Wear a dark-colored, short-sleeved shirt the day of your appointment. It is recommended to wear a dark-colored shirt because you may experience slight bleeding that may discolor your clothing.
- Do not apply deodorant and antiperspirants the day of your appointment.
If you would like to get more guidance from our team on how to prepare for your appointment, feel free to contact our office before your appointment.
Schedule a Consultation With Us
Are you considering Botox for underarm sweating? If so, our team is here to help. With extensive experience providing patients with the best possible results from Botox for underarm sweating, we are confident in our ability to help you achieve an ideal outcome that you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a consultation at the best place for Botox NYC!